Driver - SCM
Company: Core-Mark International, Inc.
Posted on: September 21, 2019
Discover the power of one and all at Core-Mark Come join the team
that has been empowering customers, investing in people and serving
communities for 130 years. The Power of One. Strengthen By All.
Job DetailsDescriptionCore-Mark (Nasdaq CORE)
www.core-mark.comCore-Mark is a Fortune 300 company that continues
to grow for over 130 years as an industry leader in fresh and
broad-line solutions to the convenience retail industry. Our
reputation of empowering customers, employees, and communities has
allowed us to build over $16 Billion in revenue. Through our 32
distribution centers, we offer a full range of products, programs,
and solutions to customers across the U.S. and Canada.At Core-Mark,
you will discover a culture that enables you to grow, challenges
you to achieve, and embraces you as family. Show us your power and
come explore your opportunities with Core-Mark.THE POWER OF ONE.
STRENGTHENED BY ALL.Position Summary:As a Core-Mark Driver, you
will be responsible for providing accurate and timely product
deliveries to customers on assigned routes, verifying and
picking-up credits, and contributing to customers' experiences. You
will work directly with our customers, establishing and maintaining
positive working relationships with them, ensuring quality from
warehouse to store. Come drive with us and experience the impact of
serving community businesses and your fellow employees.Core-Mark
Benefits:At Core-Mark, we know your power comes from your overall
well-being and the well-being of your family. That's why we offer a
comprehensive benefits package that supports the health of you and
your family. As a part of our family, your benefit offerings
- Highly Competitive Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Health Savings & Flexible Spending Accounts
- Core-Benefits: Life,Disability,& Employee Assistance Program
paid by Core-Mark
- Work/Life Balance: Sick Leave, Vacation Time, Holidays, &
- Financial Wellness:401(k) Plan with a 50% match on the first 6%
contributed, Group Voluntary Benefits, Pet Insurance, Commuter
Benefit, Employee Discounts, & Scholarship Opportunities for
children of employeesPosition Responsibilities:
- Preforming pre-trip and post-trip inspections of equipment,
paperwork, and loaded product.
- Maintaining daily electronic driving logs.
- Drive to destinations as outlined in the manifest, in a safe,
responsible manner and in compliance with all state laws and
- Notifying Customer Service with any route changes, time delays,
and non-delivered orders.
- Checking-in with customers at each designated account and
serving as a Core-Mark representative.
- Finding solutions to possible challenges with the assistance of
- Unloading and delivering product to assigned area within
account as directed by the customer.
- Assisting Customer Service and Buyers as needed in a prompt,
- Checking for credits and processing them according to company
- Submitting customer payments and paperwork to appropriate
personnel in a timely manner.
- Performing other tasks and duties as assigned.Skills &
- Current Class A commercial driver's license, DOT physical card,
and safe driving record.
- Commitment to quality customer service by utilizing excellent
- Ability to read, write and communicate information
- Ability to operate computer and software programs and
- Strong attention to detail and willingness to follow all
established procedures and regulations.
- Ability to apply basic math and mechanical maintenance
- Flexibility to work extended hours as needed is
preferred.Physical Demands &Working Conditions:
Physical ability to lift, unload, and
carry totes and bundles up to 30 lbs. repetitively and up to 60
lbs. occasionally, push up to 50 lbs., and move a dolly loaded with
up to 250 lbs.Physical ability to maneuver loaded hand carts over a
variety of inclines and surfaces.Physical ability to stand and walk
frequently, and be able to drive for a significant period of
time.Physical ability to occasionally bend, kneel, crouch, climb,
or crawl.Exposure to a variety of environmental conditions:
weather, temperature, lighting, and noise as determined by
circumstances at accounts within assigned territory.At Core-Mark we
are a family. We are committed to creating an environment that
embraces and enables all to reach their full potential. It is
through empowering every employee to bring their full self and full
power to work that makes Core-Mark collectively stronger.THE POWER
OF ONE. STRENGTHENED BY ALL.
Keywords: Core-Mark International, Inc., Hanford , Driver - SCM, Professions , Bakersfield, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!