Class A Regional Tanker Driver
Company: Airgas Inc.
Posted on: November 16, 2018
We aren't satisfied with settling, so neither should you!
We operate with a well maintained, late model equipment and treat our Drivers with the respect they deserve. If you are open to partnering with a professional organization to earn a strong living, we want to speak with you! Due to continued growth in our entrepreneurial company, Airgas is currently recruiting for a Class-A Driver to support our Specialty Products Division.
We are customer driven and will deliver within 48 hours. We want our Drivers to be confident and professional as they will be perceived as the experts in the field and the face of ASP to our customers. Our Drivers will load and unload their own trucks and may occasionally blend Aqua Ammonia. They must be mechanically inclined as we can and will do minor repairs on the equipment.
Records deliveries and pick-ups on a load manifest and obtains signatures from customers for receipt purposes. Listens to and resolves service inquires and complaints. Engage in loading/unloading truck procedures. Performs pre and post trip vehicle inspections, documenting deficiencies and ensures all safety items are in good working order. Maintains neat, clean and professional personal appearance, and maintains vehicle appearance in a professional manner.
Area of Coverage:
No Routes. The Class-A Driver position will deliver products from the southern part of the central valley into Los Angeles all the way up to the southern part of Oregon and the middle part of Nevada based on customer demand.
Hours worked per week:
A minimum of 40 but on average 65 - 70 hours and 2 - 3 overnights weekly.
What will I be doing?
- Understand, perform and safely execute Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) which detail safe off-load Instructional guide specifically related to the handing of Anhydrous Ammonia/ Ammonium Hydroxide.
- Able to communicate with customers in a deeper level related to SOPs.
- Must maintain load manifests and all other vehicle documents, ensuring they are properly completed and balanced with truck counts and shipping documents before and after deliveries.
- Ensure all safety rules are strictly observed.
- Maintain appropriate driver's license/endorsements.
- Reading and comprehending safety data sheets.
- Must be able to drive hazardous cargo for up to 8 hours at a time.
- Able to work independently while under some pressure to meet customer deadlines.
- Able to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds.
What skills, background, and behaviors must I possess?
- At least 25 years old.
- Class A CDL with at least 3 years' CMV experience - experience must be within the last 4 years and tanker/hazmat endorsements are required before hire date.
- Graduation from an accredited truck driving school with diploma will count as 1 year of required experience.
- No preventable accidents of any kind in the last 3 years.
- No more than 2 minor tickets in the last 3 years.
- No serious violation ticket (speeding 15+, reckless driving, etc.) in the last 3 years.
- No suspensions of CDL in the last 3 years except for "Failure to pay child support".
- No DUI in the last 7 years.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED) preferred.
What are the other requirements?
- Effective verbal communication and ability to read and interpret documents, write routine reports and correspondence, and speak effectively before customers or employees of the Company.
- Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds.
- Work may require standing, stooping, crouching, or bending.
Who is Airgas?
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, is the leading U.S. supplier of industrial, medical and specialty gases, as well as hardgoods and related products; one of the largest U.S. suppliers of safety products; and a leading U.S. supplier of refrigerants, ammonia products, and process chemicals.
Dedicated to improving the performance of its more than 1 million customers, Airgas safely and reliably provides products, services and expertise through its more than 18,000 associates, over 1,100 locations, robust e-Business platform, and Airgas Total Access telesales channel.
As an Air Liquide company, the world leader in gases, technology and services for Industry and Health, Airgas offers customers an unrivaled global footprint and industry leading technology and innovations.
What's in it for me?
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Tuition Reimbursement, 401(k) with a generous match and much more...!
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Keywords: Airgas Inc., Hanford , Class A Regional Tanker Driver, Professions , Hanford, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!