Production Shift Supervisor 3nd shift
Company: Nichols Farms
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionNichols Farms is one of the top processors of
pistachios in the United States. For more than two decades, Nichols
Farms has maintained superior quality and exceptional service in
supplying pistachio and almond products to major retail and
wholesale clients domestically and internationally. Nichols Farms
maintains a state-of-the-art processing facility at their corporate
headquarters in Hanford, California, employing over 350 employees.
Join the Nichols Farms Team in their objective of continued growth.
Nichols Farms possesses a strong employee oriented environment
dedicated to training and growth of team members.The Nichols Farms
Mission and Vision supports a culture of striving for mutual
success of our employees, suppliers and customers through
operational excellence and educational development.POSITION
SUMMARY:The Production shift supervisor is responsible for kernel
processing in Building 2, assisting RTE, roasting, building 6, 7,
Silo and maintenance. Create partnerships with departments to
achieve company objectives and initiatives. Ensure compliance of
all labor, safety, quality, company policies and regulations. MAJOR
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage and maintain daily standards thru all kernel building 2
process equipment and Handsort.
- Responsible for managing 3rd shift Kernel Processing Area and
assisting other departments when needed.
- Deliver Mission and Vision by demonstrating and instilling core
values to all team members.
- Responsible for performance management and recognition.
- Manage daily and weekly run schedules to meet yearly department
(Kernel) and plant goals.
- Manage all kernel process WIP by FIFO and assist other
departments in this area.
- Ensure safety, quality, and productivity based on daily and
- Responsible for daily review of 3rd shift raw kernel process
- Manage all raw kernel vacation request with limited disruption
of processing outputs.
- Develop and communicate the daily product schedule on 3rd shift
in kernel building 2 and other departments if needed.
- Have knowledge of operating color sorters, train, guide and
assist colorsort operators.
- Responsible for ensuring and improving the performance,
productivity, efficiency and profitability of raw kernel department
and organizational operations by implementing effective strategies
and continuous improvement.
- Analyze, propose and implement process changes to gain
efficiency and reliability to support kernel department and
- Provide direction to production, and other departments when
- Supply guidance and support to raw kernel Production
Supervisor, front-line team and other departments when required.
- Provide daily feedback to directors of kernel process, other
departments leadership with any issues or concerns by email.
- Support X3 functions within kernel department and other
departments as time allowed.
- Support in maintaining work orders in order.
- Work closely with 1st and 2nd shift making sure kernel process
daily/weekly schedule is executed.
- Develop front line team leadership by providing business,
leadership and technical training.
- Ensure a safe work environment by leading safety initiatives
for the operations team.
- Review staffing needs of raw kernel process to ensure staff
corresponds with production needs to include recruiting and
- Perform other tasks and special projects as assigned by
managers and or directors.
- Strategic Decision Making: Obtaining information and
identifying key issues relevant to achieving objectives and
committed to developing alternatives based on external and internal
- Building Strategic Working Relationships: Using collaborative
relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals and
identifying key issues and relationships relevant to achieving a
long-range goal or vision.
- Building a Successful Team: Ability to apply methods and a
flexible interpersonal style to help build a cohesive team and
facilitate the completion of team goals.
- Change and Innovation: Demonstrating a desire to seek new ways
of doing things and leading teams to see the opportunities
presented by change.
- Communication: Excellent verbal and written skills. The ability
to convey information in an effective manner.
- Planning and Organizing: Establishing courses of action for
self and others to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- People Development: Ability to develop direct reports skills
and competencies by planning effective development and training
- Resource Management (People & Equipment): Ability to obtain and
appropriate the proper usage of equipment, facilities, materials,
as well as personnel.
- Continuous Improvement: Active participant in continuous
improvement initiatives and goals. Seeks opportunities to improve
self and processes.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:Education: BA/BS Degree in Business, Ag
Business, preferred or combination of education and
experience.Experience: 3 plus years managerial experience in
Manufacturing Management preferred.Computer Proficiency: In MS
Office Suite, Excel, Word, PowerPoint Physical Demands and Work
EnvironmentThe physical demands described here are representative
of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of
this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand for
periods of time at work station, climb stairs, and reach with hands
and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10
pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific
vision abilities required by this job include close vision,
distance vision, color vision and depth perception. Ability to wear
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as designated by the
company.The majority of the roles is performed in a manufacturing
environment which may include high levels of noise with a
possibility of performing work in an outdoor environment on
occasion. Working in outdoor conditions can include extreme cold,
heat, or humidity; and sometimes can include work in dusty or muddy
work conditions. To perform this job successfully, an individual
must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Keywords: Nichols Farms, Hanford , Production Shift Supervisor 3nd shift, Professions , Hanford, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!