Environmental Svc Attnd - Sr
Posted on: May 14, 2022
UNIT DESCRIPTION:Looking for an experience Floor Care tech..
Must have at 1 year experience doing striipping and waxing and
carpet cleaning. This person will work on the AM shift. Hours will
be 530am to 230pm Monday thru Friday. Must be able to commuicate
with nursing staffing and departmetn manager and
director's.Benefits Eligibility: Full Time Benefits: At Sodexo, we
believe every employee should have the resources to be their best.
As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed
to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle including health, dental
and vision insurance. Eligible employees can enroll in their
benefits, which will be effective beginning on their first day with
Sodexo. We also offer other benefits like paid time off, financial
and savings programs and access to our employee assistance program
and other discounts (eligibility varies by unit and may not be
available to all employees). Position Summary:The Environmental Svc
Attnd- Sr may work in any location on client premises. This
individual serves as the Environmental Services Attendent and
cleans and keeps in an orderly condition facilities or locations in
the areas of commercial, health care, schools, universities or
other establishments. The general responsibilities of the position
include those listed below, but Sodexo may identify other
responsibilities of the position. These responsibilities may differ
among accounts, depending on business necessities and client
- Cleans offices, patients'/residents' rooms, dorms, classrooms,
schools, common areas, lavatories, halls, food service areas and
any other areas that may require attention.
- Sweeps, mops, scrubs, polishes floors and vacuums hallways,
stairs and office space.
- May perform hard-surface floor scrubbing, stripping and
refinishing, as well as carpet spotting and extraction, which
require the use of mechanical equipment.
- May participate in the maintenance of wood floors, such as in
gymnasiums or dance studios, to include cleaning, screening,
stripping, sanding and refinishing.
- Cleans light fixtures, ceilings and vents, walls mattresses,
furniture, windows and window coverings.
- Will be required to properly and safely use cleaning chemicals
per manufacturer and Sodexo standards.
- Empties trash and garbage containers.
- Replenishes supplies and materials.
- May change sheets and replenish linens.
- May perform routine equipment maintenance and make minor
- May drive a golf cart or other vehicles.
- Moves furniture and sets-up tables and chairs.
- Notifies supervisor concerning any need for any maintenance
repairs or additions.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and
- Applies all applicable OSHA and related local safety
requirements to all assigned work.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as
- May participate in snow and ice management duties, including
the operation of snow removal equipment
- May be required to operate infection control equipment
- Assigns and checks work of lower-level employees.
- May be responsible for taking inventory and supporting product
- Assist in training employees.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Knowledge of proper and safe use of applicable custodial
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Maturity of judgment and behavior.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
- Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with
satisfactory regularity in light of Sodexo time and attendance
policy and/or client operating hours.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Must comply with any dress code requirements.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and some
- High School Diploma or GED or equivalent work experience.
- 2 or more years of related work experience.
- Must be able to direct staff and allocate
- Ability to learn and use established techniques for the
efficient and compliant completion of duties.
- Ability to present self in a highly professional manner to
others and understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments
with professionalism and respect.
- Ability to maintain a professional relationship with all
coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers
and client representatives.
- Ability to provide clear directions and respond accordingly to
- Good attention to detail.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Adequate/reasonable oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well alone and in a team.
- Ability to use all relevant electronic and communication
- Knowledge of and proficiency in all OSHA and local requirements
related to all assigned work.
- Ability to provide clear directions and respond appropriately
- Possess valid driver's license if assigned to drive a
- Certifications: Blood Borne Pathogen Training.Physical
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or without
- Significant walking or other means of mobility.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time
(up to 8 hours).
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently
lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds.Working
Conditions (may add additional conditions specific to defined work
- Generally in an indoor setting; however, may participate in
outside activities and events.
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends and
extended hours as business dictates.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
primarily in a controlled, temperate environment; however, may be
exposed to heat/cold during support of outside activities.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to
- Wears protective clothing and/or Personal Protective Equipment
required by the work environment or governmental regulations.
- Will be exposed to various cleaning chemicals.Sodexo is an
Keywords: Sodexo, Hanford , Environmental Svc Attnd - Sr, Other , Hanford, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!