Company: VNS Federal Services
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Posted Date 3 months ago (5/11/2021 4:18 PM) ID 2021-1576 # of
Openings 1 Category Other Overview The Principal Designer is
responsible for utilizing computer-aided design (CAD) software to
create technical drawings for complex projects and serves in a lead
role over other designers and/or drafters. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Responsibilities Essential Functions:
- Converses with project management, clients, engineers and
design staff to interpret design concepts, determine nature and
type of required detailed working drawings, and coordinate work
- Use software to produces complex drawings in accordance with
specific contract requirements.
- Ensures that the drawings are being produced to the correct
standard and that client or VNSFS procedures are being
- Develop CAD project plan which sets the CAD standards to be
used on a project.
- Serve as lead designer for projects and responsible for
coordinating with project management and engineering to ensure
deliverables are on time.
- Assign CAD work with the aid of the project manager and design
group manager. Accountabilities
- Perform all work safely and in compliance with VNSFS policies
- Review other designers' and drafters' work to ensure high
quality and compliance to procedures.
- Provide assistance and mentoring to designers and drafters when
- Provide drawings and drawing status to Engineering Staff in a
- Perform work within budgeted hours and provide status to
- Support project management and engineering in the development
of cost estimates for design projects.
- Work with project management in resource allocations and work
assignments. Qualifications Education & Certifications:
- CAD certification is strongly desired. Experience &
- A minimum of 15 years of experience utilizing CAD software
(AutoCAD and/or SolidWorks).
- Able to generate layout drawings from sketches and
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines and collaborate with a team. Other
Duties: Please note that this job description is not designed to
cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice. Sorry the Share function is not working properly
at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Keywords: VNS Federal Services, Hanford , Principal Designer, Other , Hanford, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!