Company: Kings Community Action Organization
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Employment Type: Full Time FLSA Status: Non-Exempt Compensation:
Min. $20.53/hour - Max. $26.28/hour Application Deadline: Open
Until Filled MISSION STATEMENT: Join Kings Community Action
Organization (KCAO) and make a difference in Kings County, CA as a
Program Coordinator. KCAO envisions a future where all people in
Kings County are able to live with dignity, have access to
available resources and have the opportunity, motivation and
ability to live economically productive and satisfying lives. Our
Mission: Working as a team, KCAO will seek and provide programs
that develop self-sufficiency in individuals, families, and
communities within Kings County. Our Vision: Kings County residents
and communities will achieve self-sufficiency through the high
quality and client-focused programs of KCAO. We are a private
nonprofit helping people and changing lives in Kings County since
1965. Do you see yourself as part of our team of passionate,
committed, and caring people? JOB SUMMARY: The Program Coordinator
will model outstanding customer service to all stakeholders and is
responsible for performing various day- to- day administrative and
clerical duties that supports the Home and Energy Department. The
Program Coordinator will follow the organization's policies and
procedures while being able to work independently. DUTIES AND
RESPONSIBILITIES: Under the supervision of the Home & Energy
Director, the Program Coordinator's primary responsibilities are
subject to current goals and objectives of the organization, but in
general will include:
- Coordinate and tracks projects as it pertains to
- Ensures department projections are on task.
- Acts as the liaison between department and subcontractors.
- Supervises and processes evaluations staff.
- Creates letters, correspondences, reports, memorandums, and
other written materials.
- Creates procurement packets and routes for approval.
- Processes purchase orders and check-requests.
- Establishes, organizes, and maintains files.
- Creates/Disables keyless entry key for staff and/or changes
- Answers incoming calls and direct them as appropriate.
- Inputs data in the computer for program statistics and
- Orders necessary department supplies/forms.
- Attends and takes minutes of departmental staff meetings.
- Coordinates meetings and reserves meeting rooms.
- Makes travel arrangements for department.
- Tracks all departmental trainings for staff, as required by
- Works independently with minimal supervision.
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned.
- Follow safety protocol and standards.
- Participate in staff meetings and attend other meetings and
seminars as directed.
- Sensitivity to cultural, economic and language differences.
- Associates Degree in business management or related field with
one year administrative, secretarial, or clerical experience. OR
- High school diploma (or equivalent) with one year supervisorial
experience and three years' experience working in administrative,
secretarial, or clerical responsibilities. OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Travel and attend out of area meetings and conferences as
required per the funding source(s).
- Work variable hours and days, including those outside regular
Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. business hours.
- Reliably and consistently report to assigned work location on
- Meet and maintain KCAO hiring requirements which include:
- Criminal Record Clearance including California DOJ, FBI and
Child Abuse Centralized Index (CACI).
- Reliable, insured transportation and valid Driver License.
- Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) acceptable to KCAO's vehicle
- Health examination with tuberculin clearance.
- Ability to be contacted outside of regularly scheduled work
hours in case of emergency. KCAO is an Equal Opportunity Employer
and a Drug Free Workplace KCAO participates in the E-Verify program
that electronically confirms an employee's authorization to work in
the United States that complies with the I-9 form.
Keywords: Kings Community Action Organization, Hanford , Program Coordinator, Other , Hanford, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!