Operations Business Manager
Company: Del Monte Foods
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Position Function and Scope:
This unique role will allow a self-motivated, energetic and
results driven individual who will be the single point of contact
from supply chain with commercial teams to help with our business
growth through new product/channel opportunities. The Operations
Business Manager will work with cross functional team to ensure we
are meeting our profit, COGS and service goals for new business
Act as Supply Chain representation on a cross-functional brand
team that establishes, develops and executes Brand/Business
strategies as they relate to Profit, Volume and Share.
- Have excellent project management experience, partnering with
multiple internal and external teams to develop tools, processes,
and best practices that affect new product and channel
- Shape and influence strategic and operational plans with
enterprise perspective; represent all supply chain functions to the
business unit and provide business direction and insights to Supply
Chain as needed
- Support the achievement of net sales, profit and Supply Chain
KPI achievement for business unit
- Provide effective portfolio/program management process, project
management leadership of Supply Chain activities for new
product/offering commercialization projects.
- Coordinate and support cost build-up, material
set-up/readiness, scale-up efforts and launch/post launch
- Manage cost, service and inventory improvement efforts for
assigned business unit, ensuring annual target achievement and
steering team effectiveness
- Manage and drive business simplification efforts for business
unit - ex. SKU rationalization.
- Management, packaging/product standardization, and
component/specification consolidation; work with business unit to
assess product offerings and ongoing effective use of Supply Chain
- Monitor Supply Chain KPI's providing improvement plans for
service, cost, quality improvement.
- Work closely with DM business teams to understand and assess
risk to reliability of supply, product quality or cost and work
with Supply Chain counterparts to proactively develop
- Lead troubleshooting and problem resolution for manufacturing
issues impacting service, cost or quality.
- Lead business unit teams towards successful delivery of (COGS)
, throughput and service level.
- Demonstrated understanding of manufacturing, logistics and
sourcing trends and issues that impact COGS and Total Landed
- Work with operations finance to clearly understand cost
variances and provide appropriate guidance to the broader brand
Innovation & Product Commercialization
- Lead cross-functional teams to ensure successful
- Ensure DM processes are followed including IQ, OQ, PQ,
validation for new product launches.
- Early and consistent influence of business teams.
- Provide platform management/crisis management, escalation and
- Provide Operational/Technical Supply Chain leadership across
- Understand/monitor key manufacturing plant performance metrics,
such as a capacity/utilization, OTIF and effectively communicate
issues and resolutions.
- Initiate capital budgeting process associated to new product
startups or location changes.
- Track and monitor plant trials, including test and startup
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain or related
- 8-10 years of experience in operations or planning leadership
roles, including project management and business transformation. 5+
years' experience in a leadership role.
- Consumer products/manufacturing an asset.
- Planning and distribution experience an asset.
- A sound grasp of Supply Chain information technology areas and
related planning processes and systems.
- Knowledge of flexible packaging industry including sales and
marketing processes, Amcor products, competitor strategies.
- Knowledge of Supply Chain network design.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Strong communication and negotiating skills.
- Demonstrated experience influencing, motivating and leading
- Ability to build a network of trusted partners both internally
- Demonstrated understanding of PNL statements, Cost of Goods
- Presentation skills to provide regular status updates to
- Knowledge of Continuous Improvement methodologies (Lean, Six
- Competitive salary.
- Comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental,
Vision, and 401(k).
Del Monte Foods, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All
qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race,
color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age,
marital status, medical condition, disability, protected veteran
status, or any other legally protected status.
ALL RESUMES NEED TO BE SUBMITTED THROUGH WWW.DELMONTEFOODS.COM
TO BE CONSIDERED. (https://www.delmontefoods.com/careers/).
Please be advised that your application is not complete until you
fill out, sign, and submit an Application for Employment for a
specific position for which Del Monte Foods, Inc. is actively
recruiting. Your application must reflect that you possess the
required qualifications for the position.
No sponsorship is available for this position.
No agencies or 3rd party vendors.
Keywords: Del Monte Foods, Hanford , Operations Business Manager, Other , Hanford, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!