Human Resources Benefits Administrator
Company: Central Valley Meat
Posted on: March 27, 2020
Human Resources Benefits Administrator
Reporting to the Human Resources Director, the HR Benefits
Administrator is an integral part of the HR Team and is responsible
for the day to day administration of the benefits programs which
include but are not limited to group health, dental, vision, life
insurance, long-term disability, 401(k) plan.
- Respond to benefits inquiries from managers and employees on
- Handles benefits enrollments, status changes and other general
- Assist HR Generalist and HR Assistant by fielding inquiries
from employees regarding policies and procedures, interprets
policies and responds as necessary
- Ensures the accuracy of all benefits enrollments in the HRIS to
provide vendors with accurate eligibility information.
- Perform quality checks of benefits-related data.
- Assist employees regarding benefit claim issues and plan
- Process life status changes with carriers.
- Administer the open enrollment process, as well as COBRA,
beneficiary updates, disability claims, accident and death claims,
and other requests as needed.
- Enter all 401k participation changes into HRIS
- Provide necessary reports for benefit allocation/billing
- Perform plan audits as necessary.
- Assist with 5500 reports and IRS filing procedures.
- Partner with leadership across the organization to support and
foster a positive company culture
- Recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to
continually improve efficiency of the department and services
- Maintain HRIS records and compiles reports from the
- Assist in maintaining all personnel files in compliance with
applicable legal requirements
- Manage and track all LOA processes to include but not limited
to PDL, ADA, CFRA, FMLA, Medical and to ensure compliance with
related governing laws, regulations, regulatory agencies, Company
policy and procedures.
- Analyze, track and maintain leave requests and to determine
eligibility and certification in compliance with state and federal
regulations and company policies.
- Assists with online enrollment HRIS process and qualifying life
event status changes.
- Provide back-up coverage and support for HR team and additional
areas as needed.
- Overtime is required.
- Bachelor degree in Human Resource or business related
- 3 years of relevant experience in human resources specifically
including benefits and LOA administration required.
- Fluent in English and Spanish required.
- Experienced with managing employee data within an HRIS, Paycom
- A customer service mindset with the ability to build strong
relationships with individuals at all levels of the
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with
a high level of attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a
proactive communication style.
- Knowledge of state and federal leave regulations and
- Knowledge of medical disability management
- Demonstrated ability to build consultative, collaborative
relationships with managers and co-workers at all levels
- Demonstrated ability to exercise good/strong judgment in
- Ability to use critical thinking and analytical skills
regularly to identify issues and trends, develop solutions and/or
- Professional attitude, approachability and comfortable working
- Advanced in Excel, Word, and Power Point.
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be
construed as an exhaustive list what is required of personnel so
classified. They do not imply or establish a contract for
employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the
employer. Employees in this position and are expected to perform
the essential functions, responsibilities, and physical
requirements of this role with or without reasonable accommodation
within the described work environment.
Central Valley Meat is an equal opportunity employer and is
committed to providing qualified applicants consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected
veteran status or any other applicable federal or state-protected
Keywords: Central Valley Meat, Hanford , Human Resources Benefits Administrator, Human Resources , Hanford, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!