Psychiatric Registered Nurse
Posted on: June 23, 2022
Join our Wellpath family and make a difference every day by
providing care to society's most vulnerable and often overlooked
individuals. Our team has the distinct honor and responsibility to
show up with non-judgmental compassion to provide hope and healing
to those who need it most. For those of you whose calling it is to
serve others, you've come to the right organization. This is your
moment not only to advance your career, but to join a mission that
aligns with yours. We are Wellpath. We are the right people,
striving to do the right thing. We will continue to create
healthier communities - wherever we go, wherever we grow - one
patient at a time.
Coordinates the care of patients in the Incompetent to Stand Trial
(IST) programs; works closely with the jail nursing staff and
psychiatrists to ensure continuity of care; uses the nursing
process to assess, plan, implement and evaluate the provision of
comprehensive psychiatric and medical care; and participates in the
delivery of program services and demonstrates thorough knowledge
and therapeutic intervention skills based on knowledge of
psychiatric mental health disorders, human growth and development
and principles of psychiatric rehabilitation.
- Graduate from an accredited college, university or vocational
school nursing program.
- Bachelor of Science Nursing degree from an accredited school
and/or certification in mental health nursing is preferred.
- Experience in correctional mental health and/or psychiatric
care at a secure facility preferred
- Current nursing license or eligible for same through licensure
by endorsement through reciprocity within state of
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge and therapeutic intervention
skills based on knowledge of psychiatric mental health disorders,
human growth and development, and principles of psychiatric
- Coordinates the ordering of our patients' psychotropic
medications with the IST Psychiatrist and the jail nursing
- Conducts chart reviews and collaborates with treating
psychiatric prescribers, taking and providing vitals and other
needed information to the provider.
- Facilitates the computer/ tablet during psychiatric prescriber
- Provides psycho-educational groups to the patients, coordinates
communication between the MDs, and assists them in monitoring
psychotropic medication efficiency and side effects.
- Completes an initial nursing assessment and communicates any
relevant information to the medical department.
- Participates in treatment planning and care coordination.
- Serves as a resource and role model for multidisciplinary
- Triage of basic medical complaints from IST patients and
assists IST patients to utilize jail medical services when
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge of all applicable nursing
services and related policy and procedures including adequate
knowledge of the California Department of State Hospital (DSH) and
- Proper utilization of medical equipment including
- Demonstrates thorough understanding of all requirements,
practice standards and regulatory requirements relating to the
administration of medications; facility policy and procedures;
documentation requirements; medication education.
- Continues professional development through in-service
education, workshops, conferences, and self-study necessary to
maintain current knowledge applicable to the position.
Wellpath is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer
Keywords: Wellpath, Hanford , Psychiatric Registered Nurse, Healthcare , Hanford, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!