Health Safety Manager
Company: Key Staffing
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Key Staffing is looking for a Food/Safety Manager in Hanford, CA!
This position is a direct hire opportunity offering competitive
salary and benefits.
Manages plant environmental, health, and safety programs to ensure
a safe andaccident-free work environment. Implements company safety
concepts to engage management and employee to drive towards
world-class performance. Plans and/or delivers programs to train
managers and employees in work site safety practices. Promotes
plant safety by working with all departments to analyze current
situation and recommend safety improvements. Analyzes accident data
to identify trends and accident types that can be prevented.
Develop, coordinate and implement quality, cost effective programs
in the area of Risk Management; Health and Safety Management;
Environmental Management; Training and Education Management and
Security/Loss Control Management for the facility.
- Responsible for all aspects of EHS, including OSHA, and
environmental record keeping, safety action item register, safety
conference calls, safety audits, and accident investigations
ensuring compliance with all company, state and federal policy and
- Responsible for developing safety and environmental goals for
the functions above.
- Responsible for developing, with the VP of Risk Management, a
capital project list to ensure OSHA compliance and hazard
elimination. Monitors all safety related capital expenditures to
ensure that they are compatible with corporate objectives and state
and federal safety legislation.
- Partners with leadership and staff on policy development and in
achieving loss control objectives and performing safety
- Serves as or obtains safety expertise for the various plant
functions in dealings with the Occupational Safety and Health
- Reviews Supervisors' Reports of Injury to ensure completeness
and that appropriate action is taken to prevent recurrence. Audits
to ensure all injuries are properly reported.
- Develop programs and procedures to assist department managers
in complying with Federal/EPA and State of California laws dealing
with Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know laws, including
also the Hazard Communication Program as it pertains to Company
- Ensure the facility complies with CalOSHA and environmental
laws and regulations and corporate safety and environmental
- Develop and implement processes to reduce the injury rate.
Specific programs to include the establishment of a " key concept"
behavioral-based program, supervisor training, JSAs, and proactive
- Administer and monitor security/loss control policies as they
relate to employee, visitor, transportation and contractor
activities while on plant properties.
- Coordinate the plant safety effort and ensures compliance with
all regulatory requirements and company policies and procedures.
Actively interact with employees to promote safe acts.
- Anticipate, identify, and evaluate hazardous conditions and
- Develop, implement, and administer hazard control methods,
- Conduct and/or facilitate safety and environmental programs and
CalOSHA required training and certifications.
- Conduct, measure and audit environmental & safety programs,
inspections and compliance reports
- All other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Knowledge of Continuous Improvement Methodology
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements
- Possess high leadership and team building skills
- Knowledge of environmental compliance
- Ability to lead, direct and supervise the work of others.
- Ability to read blueprints, drawings, plans
- Must be well organized and able to prioritize multiple tasks
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to interpret a variety of technical information in
mathematical and/or narrative form and deal with several abstract
and concrete variables.
- Ability to work nights and weekends, depending on the demands
of the business.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. More than half of the typical work day will be
spent in the production and grounds of the facility.
- Position works in an office environment within a food
production facility. This position must be able to work in areas
that are hot or cold, surfaces may be slippery, climb
- The employee frequently is required to walk, stand; sit; use
hands to finger, handle, and feel; reach with hands and arms; climb
or balance; and stoop, kneel, and crouch.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, and peripheral vision, depth perception
and the ability to adjust and focus.
- When working in the plant, the work environment has moderate
- Bachelor' s Degree in Safety, Business Management,
Organizational Development, related discipline or equivalent
experience in a meat processing facility.
- Experience developing safety programs including working through
high performance teams to successfully implement initiatives.
- Demonstrated experience with Environmental Compliance.
Key Staffing is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to
providing qualified applicants consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual
orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status
or any other applicable federal or state-protected classification.
Associated topics: climate, clinical, environment, gauge, hazard,
physician, scba, treatment, usda, wwtp
Keywords: Key Staffing, Hanford , Health Safety Manager, Executive , Hanford, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!