S Human Resources Manager
Company: Hood Packaging Corp
Posted on: January 9, 2022
Hood Packaging Corporation has a rich history in North America
as a leader in the packaging industry. From day one, our company
has been at the forefront in the design and manufacture of a wide
range of packaging materials. Our goal at Hood Packaging is to
provide a product that is manufactured in a safety conscious
environment with attention to high quality, timeliness, and that
consistently exceeds customer expectations. We are able to meet our
goal every day because we employ some of the best packaging people
in the industry. We couldn't succeed without our dedicated
employees. If you are looking for more than just a job and you want
a career. Consider Hood Packaging Corporation.
Hood Packaging is currently recruiting for a Human Resources
Manager for our Hanford location who is responsible for
implementing and coordinating policies and programs covering the
following: employment, labor relations, wage and salary
administration, orientation and training, placement, safety,
environmental, outside vendors, insurance and health benefits and
- Recruits hourly and salaried employees which include screening
applications; interviewing; extending job offers; scheduling
physicals, drug screens and background checks; and conducting
employee orientation. Policy and procedure development and
- Payroll for salaried personnel, maintenance changes for
- Responsible for managing the Human Resources functions and the
- Directs and maintains various employee relations activities and
programs designed to promote and maintain a high level of employee
productivity. Acts as liaison between employees, union and
- Evaluates the status and productivity of employee programs and
recommends changes to improve efficiency and cost effectiveness.
Identifies, troubleshoots, and resolves problem areas such as
attendance, LOA/FMLA, workers' compensation, unemployment
- Maintains a high level of visibility and accessibility to all
- Provides direction and counsel to HR staff, department
managers, supervisors and employees regarding policies and programs
affecting the human resource's function.
- Develops and ensures communication avenues are maintained
between employees and management.
- Ensures high level of integrity is maintained and that
personnel matters are handled in a professional, confidential and
- Directs the planning and organization of employee appreciation
and service recognition events and other employee events.
- Keeps abreast of current employment and labor laws and works
with Regional HR Director to ensure compliance with all federal,
state or local employment laws.
- Administers employee benefits programs, keeps abreast of
program details, and provides guidance and counsel to employees and
- Responsible for conducting annual harassment training, drug and
alcohol and workplace violence.
- Ensures that performance appraisals are being properly
completed in a timely manner.
- Reviews and monitors the Organization's safety training
documentation, policies, and procedures to ensure they are accurate
and up to date for the facility.
- Conducts inspections and audits to verify compliance with
safety rules and regulations. Maintains all files to assure
inspections/audits are being done completely and in a timely
- Participates in internal and external audits regularly.
External audits can be with customers or outside resources such as
insurance companies, as well as governmental agencies such as OSHA
- Monitors all new and revised Material Safety Data Sheets for
- Participates in process improvement teams and projects.
- Organizes and develops all training manuals, reference library,
and testing and evaluation procedures for departmental training to
meet all regulatory, company and industry standards.
- Provides assistance to Human Resources Administrator in matters
relating to employee orientation including information on the
Substance Abuse Policy, Blood borne Pathogens Policy, proper
lifting techniques, etc...
- Ensures scheduling of CPR and First Aid Training.
- Compiles and maintains all safety records, including employees
trained and the documented completion dates.
- Coordinate's incident investigation and follow-up to help
ensure all pertinent information is being communicated back to
- Calculates and reports the plant's monthly safety
- Analyzes injury data for the plant to detect trends for
potential injury prevention.
- Case manager on difficult claims involving time-off for work
related and non-work-related injuries/illnesses.
- Receives and analyzes worker's comp data for the plant.
Recommends and initiates corrective action and retraining of
employees with the appropriate plant management.
- Assists in responsibilities for maintaining plant protection
and security program.
- Assists in the development of programs to ensure facility
compliance with environmental requirements, i.e., air, water and
solid wastes, and maintains required records and permits.
- Coordinates resources to secure and maintain understanding of
facility requirements as governed by agency issued permits.
- Ensures enactment of required training of plant personnel in
- Assists in monitoring facility grounds, operations and material
usage and provides support in developing measures to ensure
- Maintains records, data or information necessary to prepare
required reports and to respond to agency requests. Assists in
generation and storage of required permits.
- Coordinates all activities relating to hazardous waste
management including handling, storage, shipping and
- Regular use of computers, telephones and other types of office
- Must organize complex tasks and meet deadlines
- Face confrontational situations
- Long term strategic planning
- Sequencing tasks
- Work with Frequent distractions and interruptions
- Speak to large groups
- Available between all shiftsQUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or business-related field
or equivalent combination of education and 7-10 years'
- Three to five years' experience as a Human Resources Manager or
senior level Human Resources Representative position.
- A minimum of three years' work experience with exposure to
safety and environmental elements in an industrial setting;
experience in flexible packaging industry a definite plus.
- Must possess knowledge of all segments of the Human Resources
field. Continually supplement knowledge with classroom and seminar
instruction on related topics.
- Ability to relate positively and effectively to all
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Thorough knowledge of employment law.
- Ability to recruit and select associates that will contribute
to the organization's success.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrate leadership skills.
- Ability to use good judgment and common sense.
Hood Packaging Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and
considers applications for all positions without regard to race,
gender, religion, national origin, age, marital or veteran status,
the presence of a non-job-related medical condition or handicap or
any other legally protected status.
Keywords: Hood Packaging Corp, Hanford , S Human Resources Manager, Executive , Hanford, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!