Hanford Branch - Associate Branch Manager III
Company: Golden 1 Credit Union
Posted on: January 8, 2022
Branches are at the forefront of our mission to deliver
financial solutions with value, convenience, and exceptional
service to our members!
JOB TITLE: Associate Branch Manager III
DEPARTMENT: Branch Channel Delivery
JOB CODE: 6213
The Associate Branch Manager III is responsible for managing a team
of Member Service Specialists that are focused on delivering an
exceptional member experience. Supervises and directs the daily
activities of Member Service Specialists in the branch. Responsible
for ensuring compliance with all policies and procedures and
efficiency in the processing of member transactions. Assists with
operational tasks as needed.
Associate Branch Managers job levels are differentiated by
considering the typical annual volume of the following day-to-day
operations within a branch: Transactions, Loan Applications, Loans
Granted and New Accounts Opened. These criteria are weighted to
reflect the relative impact these operations have on the success of
a branch. Volume ranges and weightings are evaluated at the
beginning of each calendar year to determine if there are any
necessary changes that need to be made to reflect new
TASKS, DUTIES, FUNCTIONS:
1. Ensures delivery of exceptional member experience on the
platform and teller line. Handles member issues escalated by Member
2. Manages, directs and supervises day to day activities of Member
3. Train and coach employees on sound operational and compliance
requirements across all areas of the branch.
4. Create and maintain staff scheduling that aligns with meeting
branch member service demands.
5. Assists Branch Manager in developing and implementing strategies
to capitalize on opportunities, highlight the benefit of our
products and services over that of our competitor's, and support
overall credit union member services, promotions and member service
objectives and expectations.
6. Assists the Branch Manager with human resource processes for all
direct reports, including appraisals, disciplinary actions,
individual development plan, career development, training,
7. During times of high transactional volume, delivers exceptional
member experience on the platform and teller line. Handles member
issues escalated by Member Service Specialists.
8. Identify, investigate and respond to member concerns.
9. Ensures compliance and efficiency with all policies and
10. Maintain a current working knowledge of financial industry
rules, regulations and sound methods and practices.
11. Implement, maintain, and inspect security procedures,
operational reports, control logs, audits, and certifications in
compliance with all current regulatory requirements.
12. Lead and coordinate service promotion activities, which include
outbound calls, special service days and outside marketing efforts
as needed and directed.
13. Assist Branch Manager in marketing the Credit Union to outside
potential fields of membership in their specific field and
14. Manage relationships between the branch and the Member Service
Contact Center, Mortgage Lending, Consumer Lending, Online Banking,
and Financial Services partners to ensure collaboration in meeting
shared company objectives.
15. Monitor all internal policy and procedure controls to safeguard
the funds and assets of Golden 1.
16. Proactively identify any potential issues keeping the branch
from providing exceptional member service and collaborate on
solutions with the Branch Manager.
17. Provide recommendations, as needed, to more efficiently meet
the financial needs of the members visiting the branch.
18. Maintain a thorough understanding of state and federal laws and
regulations related to credit union compliance including bank
secrecy act, anti-money laundering, and elder financial abuse laws
appropriate to the position.
19. Perform Notary Public services as needed.
20. Assists Branch Manager in ensuring that the physical
maintenance and overall appearance of the branch facility is
satisfactorily maintained at all times.
21. Makes recommendations to Branch Manager.
22. Travel to meetings by car or public conveyance.
23. May occasionally be requested to fill in at another branch
PHYSICAL SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND EXERTION UTILIZED IN THE
PERFORMANCE OF THESE TASKS:
1. Effective oral and written communication skills required to
ensure an exceptional member experience at the branch.
2. Must possess sufficient manual dexterity to skillfully operate
an online computer terminal and other standard office equipment,
such as financial calculators, personal computer and telephone.
ORGANIZATIONAL CONTACTS & RELATIONSHIPS:
1. INTERNAL: All branches, support departments and administrative
management and staff
2. EXTERNAL: Members, vendors, peers in financial institutions,
community associations and credit union associations
1. EDUCATION: Completion of high school curriculum. Associate of
Arts Degree in Business Administration, Finance or Human Resources
or equivalent work experience desired.
2. EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 3 years of progressively responsible
supervisory experience within a retail environment or financial
- Foster a positive and engaging work environment for each team
member by promoting skill development, coaching for improvement and
growth, inspiring others through words and actions, aligning
employee engagement with Golden 1's mission, vision and core
- Ability to effectively lead a team.
- Learn and master new and emerging banking technologies.
- Ability to adapt to change.
- Receive constructive feedback and effectively change
- Actively solicits feedback.
- Balancing employee advocacy while supporting and delivering on
Golden 1 initiatives, priorities, and policies.
- Assume positive intent.
- Reliable and dependable.
- Accountable and takes ownership.4. KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS:
- Knowledge of sound practice of business administration.
- Knowledgeable of electronic banking equipment, video security
systems, electronic fund transfer technology, and office automation
- Flexible employee coaching skills to meet individual employee
- Proven ability to meet and/or exceed individual service
- Proven ability to inspire and motivate employees to exceed
member service objectives.
- Solid knowledge of financial concepts and products and services
offered by Golden 1.
- Demonstrate positive, professional, and engaging communication
- Knowledge of California Credit Union Law and
1. Must be able to frequently move about the branch.
2. Must sit or stand for prolonged periods at times.
3. Corrected vision within the normal range.
4. Hearing within normal range. A device to enhance hearing will be
provided if needed.
5. Ability to lift 30 lbs. as may be required.
6. Occasional movements throughout the department daily to interact
with staff, accomplish tasks, etc.
7. Extended or long work hours may be required to accomplish
8. Occasional travel required for attendance at meetings and/or
We appreciate your interest in this position, if you are selected
to participate in the interview process, a recruiter we will
Keywords: Golden 1 Credit Union, Hanford , Hanford Branch - Associate Branch Manager III, Executive , Hanford, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!