National Account Manager
Company: Nichols Farms
Posted on: January 8, 2021
Nichols Farms is one of the top processors of pistachios in the
United States. For more than two decades, Nichols Farms has
maintained superior quality and exceptional service in supplying
pistachio and almond products to major retail and wholesale clients
domestically and internationally. Nichols Farms maintains a
state-of-the-art processing facility at their corporate
headquarters in Hanford, California, employing over 350 employees.
Join the Nichols Farms Team in their objective of continued growth.
Nichols Farms possesses a strong employee oriented environment
dedicated to training and growth of team members.The Nichols Farms
Mission and Vision supports a culture of striving for mutual
success of our employees, suppliers and customers through
operational excellence and educational development.POSITION
SUMMARY:Subject Matter Expert by means of reporting, forecasting
and trouble-shooting for their own clients. He or she will help
execute retail account plans for Nichols Farms branded and private
label customers nationwide along with helping expand our export
business into existing and new markets. A successful National
Account Manager will achieve or exceed sales objectives,
collaborate with cross-functional partners, and participate in
industry events (e.g. Tradeshows) to positively represent company
- Monitors all sales objectives including volume, profit and
expense associated with the selling to multiple channels.
Administers sales policies and procedures in a manner that will
develop favorable customer relations and goodwill of all
- Establishes and executes strategic yearly sales plans to
achieve company objectives for both pistachio and almonds.
- Act as the liaison between customers and production to ensure
customers' requirements are met. Maintain high customer
satisfaction ratings, according to company standards
- Establishes and maintains good working rapport and
communication with all levels and functions including Nichols Farms
customers; and manages interface and coordination with all
functions, involved in the customer supply chain including
logistics, customer service processes, order fulfillment and
invoicing and payment.
- Develops and maintains relationships with customers, brokers
and others that will achieve the company's sales goals.
- Network and identify and attract prospective strategic
- Assists and recommends product positioning, packaging, and
pricing strategy to produce the highest possible long-term market
- Negotiate contracts as well as monitors competitive products
and marketing activities.
- Assists in the development and maintaining of customer data
- Stay up-to-date with internal and external developments and
suggest new ways to increase sales
- Assists in the establishment of and maintains a consistent
corporate image throughout all product lines, promotional
materials, and events.
- Responsible for coordinating and participating in domestic and
international tradeshows as specified by Nichols Farms.
- Performs other tasks and special projects as assigned.JOB
- Leadership: Ability to influence others to perform their jobs
effectively and to be responsible for making decisions.
- Ethical: Maintain high ethical standards in every aspect of job
- Communication: Excellent verbal and written skills, as well as
ability to make presentations.
- Interpersonal: Ability to effectively build relationships with
co-workers and outside colleagues and customers.
- Goal Orientation: Attention to establishing and achieving goals
and objectives for self and team on a continuous basis.
- Analytical Skills: Ability to apply logical thinking to both
simple and complex issues, analyzeInformation, and make
solution-oriented decisions or recommendations.
- Project Management: Excellent time management and process
- Team Involvement: Works effectively with teams and work groups.
Actively participates in problem solving and interacts with team
and work groups to achieve team and organizational goals.
- Adaptability: Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
Capable of functioning in a fast-paced entrepreneurial corporate
setting.EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:Education: B.S. Degree in business
or equivalent education and experience.Experience: Minimum three
(3) years of proven track record in sales within the CPG or
comparable industry. Knowledgeable in multi-channel selling &
supply chain (e.g. retail, foodservice, Club, Drug, Mass).
Demonstrable experience in negotiating and meeting customer
requirementsComputer Skills: Proficiency in MS Office Suite; Hands
on experience with CRM softwareTravel: Ability to travel +25%.WORK
ENVIRONMENTWork is performed in an office environment in a
controlled atmosphere building and primary work environment will be
in an office setting. As part of the scope of this role minimal
duties may include being inside the plant manufacturing
environment, which may include high levels of noise.The physical
demands described here are representative of those that must be met
by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of
this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to sit, walk, stand, climb stairs, and reach
with hands and arms. The employee may lift and/or move up to 10
pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include
close vision, distance vision, color vision and depth perception.
The employee will, at times, be required to wear Personal
Protective Equipment (PPE), as designated by the company.To perform
this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be
made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform
the essential functions.This job description is intended to provide
guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to
perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed
as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills
and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be
assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does
not represent a contract of employment, and the Company reserves
the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for
the employee to perform, as the Company may deem
Keywords: Nichols Farms, Hanford , National Account Manager, Executive , Hanford, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!