Company: Flatiron Construction Corp
Posted on: September 21, 2023
Great opportunity to join an industry-leading organization that
is at the forefront of developing innovative solutions to build
critical infrastructure projects. The Project Accountant will
support the California High Speed Rail project and will p repare
and analyze financial information, and generates financial
- Prepares subcontractor accrual journal entries for month end
- Complies and analyzes subcontractor pay forms; checks the
amounts for prior periods in the pay form with the accounting
records, confirming contract value availability, confirming current
contract values and schedule of values are correct.
- Responsible for gathering invoices from subcontractors after
each month for the related works, and for subcontractor pay form
approval from Field Engineers and Project Management in a timely
manner in order to comply with the Prompt Payment Act.
- Tracks insurance and bond information for all
- Verification of required documentation prior to payment
release; insurance and bond requirements, lien wavier collection
from subcontractors and sub-tiers, certified payrolls, contract
values, change order values.
- Communication with Field Engineers regarding subcontract status
and related change orders as needed.
- Assists in month end closing.
- Supports field personnel timecard entry, certified payroll and
reporting as needed.
- Enter equipment time entry and reconcile equipment accruals for
- Supports accounts payable and onsite invoice entry to track
project expenses and payments. Works with project personnel to
expedite payment and resolves issues.
- Acts as liaison between project team and vendors or
subcontractor accounting teams.
- Taxes: 1099s and Use Tax preparation (monitor invoices for
materials purchases from out of the state for Use Tax Monthly
- Updating, reviewing and adding vendors in the Accounting
- Perform check reconciliations for vendors and
- Maintains knowledge of Company's values and strategic
- Supports published corporate policies.
- Perform additional assignments per management's direction.
- 2+ years construction field accounting experience or training
- Bachelor's degree preferred. Construction experience
- Familiar with cost coding or chart of accounts.
- Excellent knowledge of accounting regulations and procedures,
including the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles Strong
organization and attention to detail required.
- Strong time management and self-prioritization skills
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Developing analytical skills.
- Takes personal ownership over tasks and asks for help, when
needed. Some of the benefits you may be eligible for as an employee
- Comprehensive compensation package and paid time off
- Industry leading 401(k)/RRSP
- Medical/Extended Health Care, Dental, Vison and/or Provincial
- Wellness benefits & Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Program We are an EEO/AA/ADA/Veterans
employer. USD $71,000.00/Yr.USD $78,000.00/Yr.
Keywords: Flatiron Construction Corp, Hanford , Project Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Selma, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!